Tuesday 3 May 2011

THE RETURN

I am back! I was just sketching some really cool stuff so I wanted to blog about it.

My final major project for this year is based on forest animals and geometry :) I've been photographing and drawing taxidermies from the Natural History Museum in London, Ipswich Museum in, er, Ipswich, and the museum in Leeds. I've also been cutting up veneer shapes and painting them in different colours, which I think is really nice :) It gives a really nice texture to the colour, rather than the solid block colours that you get on illustrator.
Here are some current page scans, including the deer one I just did... It's great when I get really happy about a drawing or design, its a real buzz.



and my current favourite drawing of a deer and a bear drawing still in progress:


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment