Thursday 22 October 2009

FLORAL FORMS AND ABSTRACTION

...is the title for my first proper project at uni. This project is a little exhausting, as there is so much research and work about floral design out there, I could be still doing it when I'm in my 80's; but it's still pretty cool to do. Also , theres a LOT of drawing involved in this project so I'll get used to doing drawings again and hopefully get better.

The main gist of the project is to research floral forms and abstraction in design, do a lot of observational drawings of plants/organic life and use these to come up with a design for a fashion based context.

Here is some of the work I've come up with so far...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
^ stitching and collaging papers together to develop my drawing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
^ sorry this is the wrong way up !
Photobucket
^ some of my drawings are from this. I thought I needed to do a lot more drawings from home, and I ended up buying a large bouquet of flowers for the varied selection. But, walking through town to get back home with a huge bouquet of flowers in your arm is really embarrassing ! I'm not doing that again....
Photobucket
Photobucket
^ this is a quick drawing I did was I was waiting for the others to upload .

Also, this is a photo of where I'm living now in Leeds:
Photobucket

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment