Saturday 1 May 2010

WOODLANDS, CREATURES AND WOODWORK

...is essentially what I'm doing for my last project of my first year at uni.

I loved making my 3D layered wooden wall pieces, and I wanted to do it again but better. I looked again at my previous inspirations from the college FMP where I first made the wall pieces; AJ Fosik and Stephanie Dotson.

When I made them before, I made photocopies of my images, traced the shape onto wood, cut out the wood shapes, stuck the photocopy onto the wooden block then painted the rest of the wood white. Then I would decorate the photocopies by adding fabric or paper onto them. Sometimes this was difficult, and some of the fabric and paper didn't quite fit some sections of the photocopies, etc.

I decided this time I wanted to avoid the whole photocopying thing, and screenprint directly onto the wood panels instead. It's a bit of a challenge, but if I do a lot of work, hopefully it'll plan out  !

I already did a project on folklore this year, and even though folklore is my favourite theme to use I wanted to do something else. I ended up choosing a theme of woodland animals : )

...enough typing, here's some of the work I've been working on lately.




I have more drawings, which I'll post up once I've scanned them in and played with them on Illustrator : )

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment